The following states Pure Charity's Copyrighted Materials Policy:
USAGE OF MATERIAL
Except as to Public Content, and unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio, and other copyrightable material (collectively “Material”), is copyrighted by, and proprietary to Pure Charity and/or its licensors, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Pure Charity’s prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the Website. The user may also make a single copy of the Material displayed on any page of the Website to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of Pure Charity, provided that the user does not remove any legal notices, including any trademark, copyright or other notices contained in such Material.
TRADEMARKS / COPYRIGHTS / RIGHT OF PUBLICITY
All trademarks and service marks appearing on the Website are owned by Pure Charity and/or its licensors, or their respective owners, including without limitation the Pure Charity word mark and logo. Other than as expressly allowed herein, the use of such trademarks and/or service marks without the prior written consent of Pure Charity is expressly prohibited and all rights there to are reserved.
- The intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade dress, derivative works, moral rights, trade secrets, and proprietary information in all content that appears on the Pure Charity Website and all Tools, and that is used by Pure Charity in conjunction with the services they are providing (other than Registered Charity Content as defined below and any content posted by Volunteer Fundraisers and/or other users), including but not limited to, information, text, data, photographs, audio, video, images, graphics, documents, logos, and other content, associated technology and software, and the look and feel of the Pure Charity Website (collectively, “Website Content”), are owned by Pure Charity or its licensors. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you agree not to copy, alter, frame, distribute, publish, sell, prepare derivative works based on, or commercially exploit the Tools and/or any Website Content, without express written permission from Pure Charity or its licensors.
- The Pure Charity Website allows you to upload, post, and/or share information, text, data, photographs, audio, video, images, graphics, logos, symbols, documents, and other content (collectively, “Registered Charity Content”). Pure Charity permits you to use the Pure Charity Website, the Tools, and the services provided by Pure Charity subject to your acknowledging and agreeing to the following conditions:
- In creating and maintaining a Fundraising Page on the Website, you grant a limited, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to Pure Charity to display the Registered Charity Content that you upload on the Fundraising Page for the exclusive purpose of promoting you and soliciting donor-advised contributions to Pure Charity’s DAF through the Pure Charity platform on the Website. You further grant to Pure Charity the right to sublicense the Registered Charity Content to volunteer fundraisers solely for the limited purpose of using the Registered Charity Content to highlight the Registered Charity on the Fundraising Page, including the right to access, display, view, store, and/or download the Registered Charity Content, and post or forward the Registered Charity Content to others. You represent and warrant that you have the necessary rights to grant the foregoing permissions to Pure Charity. The foregoing license does not provide Pure Charity any rights to sell or license any Registered Charity Content therein to any other third parties, use the Registered Charity Content for any other media, and/or use the Registered Charity Content for advertising and promotion of Pure Charity.
- Registered Charity Content posted by you and other users of the Pure Charity Website does not necessarily reflect the views of Pure Charity.
- Pure Charity may, but is not obligated to, remove with or without prior notice to you any Registered Charity Content that it determines in its sole discretion is fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable, unlawful, obscene, infringing or in violation of any Party’s intellectual property or other proprietary rights, or in violation of this Agreement. Pure Charity’s failure to block or remove any Registered Charity Content, however, is not a warranty, endorsement, representation, or guarantee regarding such Registered Charity Content.
- The posting of Registered Charity Content on a Fundraising Page is solely the responsibility of each Registered Charity’s Administrator and/or Volunteer Fundraiser. Pure Charity is not responsible for the accuracy of any information, ideas or opinions posted by you or other users of the Pure Charity Website and is not liable for any claims, damages or losses resulting from such information, ideas, or opinions.
- You have sole responsibility for your Registered Charity Content and the consequences of posting Registered Charity Content to the Pure Charity Website.
- You agree that the Registered Charity Content will accurately describe that contributions made via the Pure Charity Website, although donor-advised for the benefit of a specified qualifying charitable organization, are given to Pure Charity as completed gifts. In the case of users of the Pure Charity Restricted Fund model, you agree that the Registered Charity Content will accurately describe that contributions made via the Pure Charity Website are given to Pure Charity as completed gifts.
- You represent and warrant that your Registered Charity Content does not infringe the copyright, trademark, publicity/privacy right, and/or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
Still need help? Please contact Pure Charity Support.