"All contributions made through the Pure Charity Website or utilizing the services provided by Pure Charity are complete, final, and non-refundable charitable gifts to Pure Charity only."
Why are Donations Non-Refundable?
When a donation is made through Pure Charity, the donor receives a charitable gift receipt for their charitable contribution, and the funds are transferred to the designated nonprofit. It is important to note that once the funds are disbursed, Pure Charity cannot recall the donor's charitable gift receipt or reverse the disbursed funds.
While Pure Charity has strict guidelines and procedures for refunding donations, we understand that there may be circumstances where a donation needs to be reversed.
Eligibility for Refunds
Refunds will only be issued for donations that meet all of the following criteria:
- The donation was made due to an application system error or in duplicate or the donor can demonstrate that the donation was fraudulent or unauthorized.
- The donation was made within the last 30 days and the current Calendar Year.
- The donation has not been disbursed (granted) to the Nonprofit. If a donation has been disbursed (granted) to the Nonprofit, the donor must make the request for a refund directly to the Nonprofit. The Nonprofit has no obligation to refund the donation to the donor.
Please note: a change in a donor's intention or reason for donating does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for a donation refund.
- Pure Charity will consider refund requests from donors on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests for refunds must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refund requests must include the donor's name, donation amount, date of donation, and reason for the refund request.
- If Pure Charity determines that a refund is appropriate, we will issue the refund within 10 business days.
- Refunds will be issued using the same payment method used for the original donation.
- If the donation was made via credit card, the refund will be issued to the credit card used for the original transaction.
- If the donation was made via check, the refund will be issued via check.
- If the donation was made via another payment method, Pure Charity will determine the appropriate refund method.
- Pure Charity will provide written confirmation of the refund to the donor.
- If banking fees or penalties are incurred due to the refund of a donation, those fees will be passed along to the Nonprofit for payment.
- Donors who receive a refund of their donation may need to adjust their tax returns.
- Pure Charity will issue a corrected donation receipt if necessary.
If you have questions about our refund policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By making a donation to Pure Charity, donors agree to this refund policy. Pure Charity reserves the right to modify this policy without prior notice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.